Membership in the Washington Growers League gives you the expert labor
and employment help you need, when you need it, from the best trained
staff in the industry. Membership also helps support crucial advocacy,
representing and protecting the interests of agricultural employers in
Washington Growers League members enjoy these exclusive benefits:
- Expert assistance with labor and employment problems.
WGL is the "go-to" group for Washington state agriculture on
industry-wide labor issues like immigration, labor supply, wages and
- Unlimited consultation. Direct
access to unlimited consultation provided by our experienced labor
management specialists and legal staff. WGL members can count on
receiving accurate, legally correct information when it is needed.
- The WGL Newsline. The best monthly update on labor and employment in Northwest agriculture. Special bulletins on hot topics are sent as needed.
- Safety Meeting Ideas.
Produced monthly in English and Spanish, these relevant safety topics
help keep WGL members in compliance with safety standards.
- WGL Agricultural Employer's Handbook. A comprehensive guide written expressly for managers and supervisors in the agricultural industry.
- Effective advocacy.
WGL maintains aggressive year-round lobbying and advocacy in the state
legislature and federal agencies and is recognized as the authority on
agricultural labor issues in Washington state. WGL also helps influence
federal labor policy through its involvement with the National Council
of Agricultural Employers.
- Public and media relations.
WGL Executive Director Mike Gempler is a widely-recognized and
experienced spokesman for agriculture on labor and employment issues.
- Free labor management training video library. A wealth of information available for WGL members and their employees.
- Updated posters. WGL members get all the posters required by law, free and updated automatically.
- Significant discounts. Members save money on other fee services provided by the Washington Growers League.